The SO-SFP-16GFC-ER-Dxxxx is a versatile DWDM transceiver in SFP+ form-factor supporting a wide range of Fiber Channel (FC) services (4G to 16G).
For diagnostic purposes, the transceiver supports optical (OWRAP) and electrical (EWRAP) loop-back functionality, with or without forwarding. The transceiver is provided in 41 channel versions at the 100GHz DWDM grid as specified in the ITU-T 694.1 standard. The transceiver can also be used in 1550/1530nm CWDM applications by selecting wavelength versions that match these.
The optical performance provides a bridgeable distance of up to 40km (without dispersion compensation) for 16G FC.
This transceiver provides digital diagnostic functions via a 2-wire serial interface as defined by the SFF-8472 specification.
For a 1550nm CWDM channel the DWDM channels D250 – D410 can be used.
For a 1530nm CWDM channel the DWDM channels D500 – D600 can be used.
(The ITU G.694.2 channel grid states 1551/1531nm ± 7nm)
For 1550nm single-channel applications, the ITU-T G.959 states 1500nm – 1565nm, which means any channel between D200 – D600.
- SFP+ transceiver with LC connectors
- Typical reach 40km on single-mode fiber
- Support for 4G FC, 8G FC, 16G FC services
- 41 DWDM channel versions 192.00 – 196.00 THz @ 100GHz grid (G.694.1)
- 14dB power budget for 8G and 4G FC. 13dB for 16G FC
- Less than 2.1W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions 0°C to +70°C