The SO-QSFP28-LR4 is a QSFP28 form-factor transceiver for 100Gbps Ethernet (100GBASE-LR4) and OTN (OTU4) applications. It is intended for use in inter- and intra-connect applications within and between data centers between switches, routers, storage equipment etc.
The optical performance is in accordance with the 100GBASE-LR4 standard, i.e. for optical distances up to 10km over a SingleMode (SM) fiber as well as the OTN OTU4 4I1-9D1F interface standard. The lasers are of EML type.
SO-QSFP28-LR4 uses four LANWDM channels/lanes @ 25.78Gbps and 27.95Gbps to transport an Ethernet and OTN signal, respectively. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an I2C interface, as specified by the QSFP28 MSA.
- QSFP28 transceiver with LC connectors
- Four LANWDM lanes; 1295.56nm, 1300.05nm, 1304.58nm and 1309.14nm
- Compliant with 100GBASE-LR4 and OTU4 4I1-9D1F
- Up to 10km distance, 7.3dB power budget (100GbE) & 6.3dB power budget (OTU4)
- Less than 3.5W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)