The TQD023-SL4C-SO is a QSFP-DD form-factor transceivers for 400Gbps Ethernet applications. The intended use is data center interconnect for optical distances up to 30km over a SingleMode (SM) ribbon fiber cable.
The electrical interface consists of eight 53.125G signals (400GAUI-8) that are converted to eight PAM4-modulated channels/lanes to transport the Ethernet signal. The transceiver can also be set in 4x100GAUI-2 mode to enable 400G to 4x 100G break-out configurations. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an I2C interface, as specified by the QSFP-DD MSA.
Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required to be implemented by the host in order to ensure reliable system operation. The FEC type shall be as defined in IEEE802.3bj, i.e. Reed Solomon RS(528,514). The optical parameters will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 2.4 x 10-4. TQD023-SL4C-SO also allows an onboard FEC, P-FEC, through application code 3 to allow better performance.
The TQD023-SL4C-SO is compliant with Common Management Interface Specification CMIS4.0.
- QSFP-DD with 2xLC connector interface
- Up to 30km distance over single mode fiber cable
- 4x 100Gbps PAM4 modulated channels using 1296/1300/1305/1309nm lanes
- Less than 12W power consumption
- CMIS4.0 compliant management interface
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)