The SO-CFP-LPC-DWDM is a high performance DWDM transceiver that utilizes DP-QPSK coherent modulation and an advanced dispersion compensation technique that provides equal or better chromatic and polarization mode (CM/PMD) tolerance as a 10Gbps channel. The 100Gbps wavelength can thus be injected into an existing 10Gbps DWDM link without any changes to the optical network. The SO-CFP-LPC-DWDM is used on the line side of the Smartoptics DCP-101 Transponder module. See separate datasheet for further information.
The module includes a high-performance DSP (Digital Signal Processor) to code and decode the coherent signal and an OTU4 framer/deframer into which the 100G Ethernet signal is mapped to provide the necessary long-haul transmission performance via FEC (Forward Error Correction).
The optical performance provides a bridgeable distance of up to 2400km (without in-line dispersion compensation) for 100GbE.
The unit is tunable and supports 50GHz or 6.25GHz ITU-T grid between 191.25 - 196.10THz and later also in flex-grid channel configurations in the DCP-Series.
SO-CFP-LPC-DWDM includes mechanical characteristics are compliant with the CFP MSA specifications.
• Compliant with CAUI-10 100G Ethernet signaling
• Low latency Soft-Decision Forward Error Correction (SD-FEC) without post-FEC error floor
• Compliant to CFP MSA Hardware Specification 1.0 with modifications
• Compliant to CFP MSA Management Interface Specification 2.4 with modifications
- CFP transceiver with LC connectors
- Typical reach 2400km on single-mode fiber
- Tunable between 191.25 - 196.10THz @ 12.5/50GHz steps
- Support 100Gbps Ethernet
- 25dB power budget
- Less than 20W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions -5°C to +70°C