The AQD003-XXXC-SO is an Active Optical Cable (AOC) break-out solution. AQD003-XXXC-SO is a direct-attach assembly (i.e. QSFP56’ connectors with integrated cable) for quick and simple connections within racks and across adjacent racks as compared to using discrete optical transceivers and optical patch cables.
A typical application for break-out cables is between an QSFP-DD port on a 400Gbps switch and feed up to four upstream 100GbE-QSFP56 enabled switches. Each QSFP-DD-QSFP56 splitter cable features a single QSFP-DD connector (QSFP-DD MSA) rated for 400Gbps on one end and 4x QSFP56 connectors (SFF-8665), each rated for 100Gbps, on the other.
The QSFP-DD operates with the electrical signaling of four asynchronous 100GAUI-2 streams, resulting in an aggregate of 400G. Each QSFP56 connector operates with the electrical signal of 100GAUI-2.
- QSFP-DD (400G) to 4x QSFP56 (100G) splitter cable
- 1x QSFP-DD 400.0 Gbps rated connector
- 4x QSFP56 100.0 Gbps rated connectors (SFF-8436 compliant)
- 1 to 30 meters (3.3 to 98ft)
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)