The TQD024-M85C-SO is a QSFP-DD form-factor transceivers for 400Gbps Ethernet applications. It is intended for use in inter- and intra-connect applications within data centers between switches, routers, storage equipment etc. The optical performance is in accordance with the 400GBASE-SR8 IEEE 802.3cd standard, i.e. for optical distances up to 100m over a MultiMode (MM) OM4-grade ribbon fiber.
The electrical interface consists of eight 53.125G signals (400GAUI-8) that are converted to eight PAM4-modulated channels/lanes to transport the Ethernet signal.
The transceiver can also be set in 8x50GAUI-1 mode to enable 400G to 8x 50G optical break-out configurations. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an I2C interface, as specified by the QSFP-DD MSA. The optical interface to the transceiver is an angled polished (APC) MPO16 connector.
Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required to be implemented by the host in order to ensure reliable system operation. The FEC type shall be as defined in IEEE802.3bj, i.e. Reed Solomon RS(528,514). The optical parameters will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 2.4 x 10-4.
- QSFP-DD with an APC MPO-16 connector
- Up to 100m distance over a multi-mode ribbon fiber cable
- 8x 50Gbps PAM4 modulated channels using 8x 850nm lanes
- Each 50Gbps lane is compliant with 50G-SR1 MSA enabling 400G to 50G break-out configurations
- Less than 8W power consumption
- CMIS4.0 compliant management interface
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)