The SO-SFP28-SR3 is an SFP+ form-factor transceiver for 25 Gbps Ethernet applications. Since the transmission rate can reach up to 28Gbps, the engineering and industry name is SFP28. It is intended for use in inter- and intra-connect applications within data centers between switches, routers, storage equipment etc. The optical performance is in accordance with the IEEE -SR standard, i.e. for optical distances up to 300m over a MultiMode (MM) OM4-grade fiber.
SO-SFP28-SR3 uses a single 850nm channel @ 25.78 Gbps to transport a 25G Ethernet signal. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an I2C interface, as specified by the MSA.
As stipulated by the 25G Ethernet standards, Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required to be implemented by the host in order to ensure reliable system operation. The optical parameters below will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 5 x 10-5 for 25G Ethernet. FEC will provide the required quality for secure service.
- SFP28 transceiver with LC connectors
- Typical reach 300m @ OM4, 200m @ OM3 over MM fiber
- Support for 25G Ethernet (25GBASE-SR)
- Single wavelength at 850nm
- 1.9dB power budget @ 25G Ethernet
- Less than 1W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions -0°C to +70°C