The SO-SFP28-32GFC-SD is an 850nm SFP28 transceiver for MultiMode (MM) fiber, supporting both 32G Fiber Channel (FC) as well as 25G Ethernet services. The optical performance provides a bridgeable distance of up to 100 m for 32G FC when using an OM4 grade MM fiber.
The transceiver has no minimum distance (i.e. no minimum attenuation) which is ideal for intra-office connections since extra attenuators need not be considered.
This transceiver provides digital diagnostic functions via a 2-wire serial interface as defined by the SFF-8472 specification.
A stipulated by the 32G FC and 25G Ethernet standards, Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required to be implemented by the host to ensure reliable system operation. The optical parameters below will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 1 x 10-6 for 32G FC and 5 x 10-5 for 25GbE. FEC will provide the required quality for secure service.
- SFP28 transceiver with LC connectors
- Typical reach 100m @ OM4, 70m @ OM3 over MM fiber
- Support for 25G Ethernet and 32G FC
- Single wavelength at 850nm
- 7dB power budget @ 32G FC
- Less than 1W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions -0°C to +70°C