The SO-QSFP28-SWDM4 is a QSFP28 form-factor transceiver for 100Gbps Ethernet applications. It is intended for use in inter- and intra-connect applications within and between data centers between switches, routers, storage equipment etc.
The transceiver is based on the SWDM4 industry standard having the target to enable existing 10Gbps MultiMode fiber-pair infrastructure to be re-used for 40Gbps and 100Gbps without replacing it with SM fiber or ribbon fiber.
SO-QSFP28-SWDM4 has an optical performance enabling distances of up to 150m over a MultiMode (MM) fiber-pair cable. Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required to be implemented by the host to ensure reliable system operation. The FEC type shall be as defined in IEEE802.3bj, i.e. Reed Solomon RS(528,514). The optical parameters will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 5 x 10-5. FEC will render in the required BER of better than 1 x 10-12.
SO-QSFP28-SWDM4 uses four channels/lanes in the 850-940nm region @ 25.78Gbps to transport the Ethernet signal. Digital diagnostics functions (DDM) are available via an I2C interface, as specified by the QSFP28 MSA.
- QSFP28 transceiver with LC connectors
- Four lanes; 850nm, 880nm, 910nm and 940nm on MM fiber-pair connections
- Compliant with 100GBASE-SWDM4
- Up to 75m@OM3, 100m@OM4, 150m@OM5 distance
- 1.7dB@OM3, 1.8dB@OM4, 1.9dB@OM5 power budget
- Less than 3.5W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)