The SO-QSFP28-PCUxM is a passive Direct Attach Cable (DAC) solution of Twinax type, i.e. a copper cable similar to coaxial cable, but with two inner conductors instead of one. SO-QSFP28-PCUxM is a solution for 100Gbps connections within racks and across adjacent racks where the interconnected equipment uses QSFP28 interfaces. It provides a cost-efficient solution as compared to using optical transceivers and it simplifies the patching since no separate transmit/receive direction need to be taken into account.
A SO-QSFP28-PCUxM DAC fits into QSFP28 ports and support 100GbE Ethernet services. The SO-QSFP28-PCUxM is provided in lengths from 0.5 to 5 meters (1.6 to 16.4 ft).
The thickness of the cable is defined by the AWG (American Wire Gauge) rating value. As an example, an AWG26 DAC cable is thicker and heavier than the AWG30.
- QSFP28 MSA compliant (SFF-8665)
- QSFP28 to QSFP28 connectivity
- Supports 100G Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3bj compliant
- The transceivers provide a management 2-wire interface as specified in SFF-8436
- 0.5 to 5 meters (1.6 to 16.4 ft)
- AWG26/30 (cable thickness)
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)