The SO-QSFP28-ER4 is a QSFP28 form-factor transceiver for 100Gbps Ethernet applications. It is intended for use in inter- and intra-connect applications within and between data centers between switches, routers, storage equipment etc. The optical performance is in accordance with the 100G 4WDM-40 MSA standard, i.e. for optical distances up to 40km over a SingleMode (SM) fiber.
SO-QSFP28-ER4 uses four LANWDM channels/lanes @ 25.78Gbps to transport an Ethernet signal.
Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required in the host equipment in order to ensure reliable system operation at the specified distance. The FEC type shall be as defined in IEEE802.3bj, i.e. Reed Solomon RS(528,514). The below optical parameters will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 5 x 10-5. FEC will render in the required BER of better than 1 x 10-12.
Without FEC the distance performance will be reduced to 30km and the power budget to about 16dB.
- QSFP28 transceiver with LC connectors
- Four LANWDM lanes; 1295.56nm, 1300.05nm, 1304.58nm and 1309.14nm
- Compliant with 100G 4WDM-40 MSA
- Up to 40km distance, 18dB power budget
- Less than 5W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)