The SO-QSFP28-Dxx is a pluggable QSFP28 DWDM transceiver designed for high capacity 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100GbE) Data Center Interconnect (DCI) optical communication applications up to 80km1) over a singlemode fiber.
The transceiver utilizes two PAM4-modulated 56 Gbps wavelengths that are grouped within a 100GHz channel, enabling up to 40 channels over a 100GHz DWDM grid system as specified in the ITU-T 694.1 standard. Integrated, high-gain FEC (Forward Error Correction) and advanced ADC/DSP technology enable optical reaches up to 80km over an amplified DWDM line system.
The electrical signals are transmitted and received from the host via a standard 38 pin connector described in the QSFP28 MSA (SFF-8679). The electrical interface is compliant to CAUI-4 (IEEE P802.3bm Annex 83E), splitting the 100Gbps signal in to four parallel 25 Gbps NRZ streams.
- QSFP28 transceiver with LC connectors
- 40 dual-lambda, PAM4 modulated DWDM channel versions @ 100GHz grid; 192.00 - 195.90THz
- Up to 80km distance using a DWDM line system with amplification and dispersion management
- Less than 5W power consumption
- Operating conditions (20°C to +70°C)