The SO-QSFP-ESR4 is a QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus) transceiver for IEEE Std 802.3ba compliant 40Gbps Ethernet applications such as inter- and intra-connect within and between data centers between switches, routers, storage equipment etc. The SO-QSFP-ESR4 converts 4x 10Gbps flows into four channels at 850nm over a ribbon-fiber connection.
The SO-QSFP-ESR4 is SR4 compliant but exceeds the SR4 distance performance by bridging up to 400m over an OM4 MultiMode (MM) ribbon fiber.
The transceiver provides digital diagnostic functions via a 2-wire serial interface as defined by the SFF-8472 specification.
The SO-QSFP-ESR4 provides transport over an MPO/MTP 12 or 8 ribbon fiber cable.
- QSFP+ transceiver with MPO-8 / MPO-12 connectors
- Typical reach 300m @ OM3 and 400m @ OM4 MM ribbon fiber
- Support for 40G Ethernet (40GBASE-eSR4) and Infiniband QDR/DDR
- Four lanes at 850nm
- 1.9dB power budget @ 40G Ethernet
- Less than 1.5W power consumption
- C-temp operating conditions -0°C to +70°C