QSFP-DD 400G-LR4 SM 13xxnm 10km 6.3dB CMIS4 LC
A QSFP-DD form-factor transceiver for 400Gbps Ethernet applications over a fiber-pair enabling 400G to 100G break-out configurations
The SO-QSFP-DD-4C-LR4-4 is a QSFP-DD form-factor transceiver for 400Gbps Ethernet applications. It is intended for use in data center interconnect between switches, routers, storage equipment etc. for optical distances up to 10km over a SingleMode (SM) fiber cable.
The electrical interface consists of eight 53.125G signals (400GAUI-8) that are converted to eight PAM4-modulated channels/lanes to transport the Ethernet signal. The transceiver can also be set in 4x100GAUI-2 mode (application code 2) to enable 400G to 4x 100G break-out configurations. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an I2C interface, as specified by the QSFP-DD MSA.
Forward Error Correction (FEC) is required to be implemented by the host to ensure reliable system operation. The FEC type shall be as defined in IEEE802.3bj, i.e. Reed Solomon RS(544,514). The optical parameters will provide a bit error ratio (BER) of 2.4 x 10-4.
The optical interface to the transceiver is 2x LC connectors.
The SO-QSFP-DD-4C-LR4-4 is compliant with Common Management Interface Specification CMIS4.0.
- QSFP-DD type 1 with LC connectors
- Up to 10km distance over a single-mode fiber-pair cable
- 4x 100Gbps PAM4 modulated lanes using CWDM channels: 1271nm, 1291nm, 1311nm and 1331nm
- Compliant with 400GBASE-LR4
- Electrical interface in 400GAUI-8 or 4x100GAUI-2 mode. The latter enabling 400G to 100G break-out configurations
- Less than 10W power consumption
- CMIS4.0 compliant management interface
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)