The SO-QSFP-4SFP-PCUxM is a passive Direct Attach Cable (DAC) solution of Twinax type, i.e. a copper cable similar to coaxial cable, but with two inner conductors instead of one. A typical application for a SO-QSFP-4SFP-PCUXM break-out cables is between an QSFP+ port on a 40Gbps switch and feed up to four upstream 10GbE-SFP+ enabled switches. Each QSFP-SFP+ splitter cable features a single QSFP connector (SFF-8436) rated for 40Gbps on one end and 4x SFP+ connectors (SFF-8431), each rated for 10Gbps, on the other.
The SO-QSFP-4SFP-PCUxM is provided in lengths from 1 to 5 meters (3.3 to 16.4 ft).
The thickness of the cable is defined by the AWG (American Wire Gauge) rating value. Please see minimum bend radius requirements in datasheet.
- QSFP+ (40G) to 4x SFP+ (10G) splitter cable
- 1x QSFP+ 40.0 Gbps rated connector (SFF-8436 compliant)
- 4x SFP+ 10.0 Gbps rated connectors (SFF-8431 compliant)
- Protocol agnostic support of 40GbE, QDR InfiniBand, SAS & Fiber Channel
- 1 to 5 meters (3.3 to 16.4 ft)
- C-temp operating conditions (0°C to +70°C)