Smartoptics provides innovative optical networking solutions for a new era of open networking. We focus on solving network challenges and increasing the competitiveness of our customers. Our customer base includes cable and telecom operators, cloud providers, Internet exchanges, governments and thousands of enterprises.
The candidate will be part of the agile R&D team, developing complete systems including both hardware and software.
For our Stockholm office, we are looking for a senior C++ developer. You will be designing features and applications for embedded systems in our range of fiber optical communication products. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are working in agile teams of 5-8 people consisting of software and hardware developers, system testers and Scrum masters. Some possibility for work from home, but most days we try to meet in our office in Kista, Stockholm.
- Based in the Stockholm area
- Exam within relevant field, e.g. MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Good communication skills in English, preferably also in Swedish
- Strong proficiency in Modern C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification and 3+ years of experience of hardware related C++ development
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, containers, and algorithms
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Some understanding of hardware and embedded system design, Embedded Linux and Yocto, network and data communication protocols
- It is advantageous if you have experience in the telecoms sector, knowledge of transceivers, and NETCONF and YANG.
Smartoptics R&D team is located in Kista with head office in Oslo, Norway. Benefits include pension, health insurance, bonus scheme, 6 weeks’ vacation and flexible working hours. For more information about Smartoptics, please see smartoptics.com/about.
Furthermore, note that you must have a Swedish/EU work permit. No relocation assistance or visa support provided. No recruiters or agencies, please
Smartoptics is a Scandinavian company founded in 2006. We provide innovative optical networking solutions for the new era of open networking. Our focus is on solving network challenges and enhancing the competitiveness of our customers. Our clientele includes cable and telecom operators, cloud providers, Internet exchanges, governments, and thousands of enterprises.
At Smartoptics, we value inclusivity and prioritize the well-being of our employees. We foster a positive company culture and provide a supportive work environment.